Friday, July 30, 2010

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?

I guess I took the summer off from posting.  I took the summer off from a lot of things.  I've taken the last 17 years off from a lot of things that were once terribly important to me. Not that I haven't been doing important work. Motherhood is important work. Some of the rest of my precious time was invested in people who didn't want or deserve my precious time.  And now I let them all go.  I can't save them, nor do they want me to. Should my words find anyone who hears: don't waste your time worrying---worry is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere.  Spend your time doing, breathing, learning, and surround yourself with people who want the same things.  It is as simple as that.

My one wild and precious life.  I will not go back.

Yes, my one wild and precious life.

No comments: